Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year :)


Its been a great start to a new year as far as holidays are concerned :) First we had a holiday for 4 days from 25th December to 28th. That includes one Saturday and Sunday too - but the company did give us 2 days off work !!Hurrah! and then wow, we are back in office for 3 days, when we get another day off for New Years, that's a Thursday. So one more day at work, and we are off for the weekend - thats today, this Saturday, which is already over ( too bad :() and tomorrow.
What did I do, well, I read lots and lots of stuff, shopped, started(and almost completed) the November BJP. On the first four day weekend , I read the first 6 books in the Ladies No.1 Detective Agency series. I love love love Precious Ramotswe. This weekend I have already read the first book of Meg Cabot's Heather Mills series and halfway through the second. That too is wow. And how did I, reader of mystery and thrillers and fanatic eschewer of romantic fiction get into 'chick-lit'? I once read a Precious Ramotswe story when in search of a good mystery, and I loved it. Recently, I found out that some people label the Ladies No.1 Detective Agency series as 'chick-lit' so I went looking for more 'mystery' + 'chick-lit' genre - really loving it. As it is , I was getting a bit bored with the whole P.D James, Ruth Rendell, Dean Koontz scene. This is a whole new place for me to explore :)
There are some things I did last year that I didn't post about. Here's an album of two crocheted purses - each took only aroud 2-3 hours to make on a Sunday evening

0 comments: